The past year had its ups and downs, probably like most of you (hopefully, yours was MUCH better). Personally, I really thought 2014 was going to be my breakout year. Finally, I was going to be the Superwoman I knew I could be! It didn’t exactly happen that way. I wasn’t even close, but I believe that I can still get there. Here are some of my most memorable moments of 2014:
My GREATEST moments of 2014:
• Celebrating Studio R Design’s 5-year anniversary!
• Seeing my father smile one last time before his passing.
• Reconnecting with relatives (under the circumstances of my father’s death).
• Gaining contract work with a real estate company – the opportunity pretty much fell in my lap. That’s NEVER happened to me before 🙂
• My new baby: MacBook Pro, affectionately called MacKeisha. Ha!
GOOD moments of 2014:
• Macklin-Brown Reunion at SkyZone
• Attending my 15-year college reunion
• Finding new favorite TV shows, Gotham and Resurrection!
NOT-SO-GOOD moments of 2014:
• Those incredibly slow periods when no projects were coming in.
My FUNNIEST moment:
• When my 3-year-old niece moonwalked away from me while I answered a question she asked me.
My EMBARRASSING moment:
• The time when a grasshopper jumped right towards my face as I was walking to my car. I dropped everything I was holding to swat it away, while doing the Crazy, Wild Lady Dance! I’m praying nobody got that on video.
My PROUDEST moment:
• Finding the courage to speak out against domestic violence and revealing my own story of being in an abusive relationship.
• My father. (I may write a post about his story at a later date.)
• My great-aunt
• The mother of one of my best friends.
What I’m looking forward to in 2015:
• Continually improving myself — spiritually, creatively, physically, mentally, financially.
• Gaining more projects and new clients
• My 20-year high school class reunion!
• Good times with family, friends (old + new)
Image courtesy of Allinfospot.com